The Almost Totally Fictitious Musical History of Legs Diamond follows the travails of its title character, a Depression-era mobster who wants to break into show business.
The musical opened on Broadway on December 26, 1988 and closed on February 19, 1989 after 64 performances and 72 previews.
It received three Tony Award nominations.
Many of the songs are familiar including When I Get My Name in Lights plus some rarely heard Peter Allen gems.
Plot / Synopsis
- Prelude/When I Get My Name in Lights - Orchestra, Jack, Ensemble
- Speakeasy - Madge, Ensemble
- Applause - Flo, The Hotsy Totsy Girls
- Knockers - Jack, The Hotsy Totsy Girls
- I Was Made for Champagne – Kiki, The Tropicabana Dancers
- Tropican Rhumba – Jack, Kiki
- Sure Thing Baby – Jack
- Speakeasy Christmas – The Hotsy Totsy Girls
- Charge It to A. R. – Augie, Bones, Moran, A. R., A.R.'s Gang
- Only an Older Woman – Jack, Flo
- Taxi Dancers' Tango – Jack, Ensemble
- Only Steal from Thieves – Jack, Kiki
- When I Get My Name in Lights (reprise) – Jack, Company
- Cut of the Cards – Jack, Company
- Gangland Chase – Orchestra
- Now You See Me, Now You Don't – Jack, Kiki, Ensemble
- The Man Nobody Could Love – Kiki, Flo, Madge
- The Music Went Out of My Life – Flo
- Say It Isn't So – Jack, Company
- Say It Isn't So (reprise) – Ensemble
- All I Wanted Was the Dream – Jack
- Finale ‐ Jack, Flo, Company
(In order of appearance.)
Members of the Hotsy Totsy Club.